The Residencia Corazón – Artist in Residency (A-I-R) Program was initiated in 2006. Its main objective engenders the creation of a personalized and independent exchange among regional, national and international artists. It allows for mutual enrichment through professional and emotive approaches for new experiences and aesthetic realities. The resident / visiting artists enjoy a dynamic and vibrant time frame for working; they have a studio and living space at their disposal to complete their projects. They also network with and within the local art community, cultural institutions and the public at large.
Residencia Corazón offers a complete international Artist in Residency Program. Each artist, curator or writer receives exclusive and highly-personalised support from the Residencia Corazón team. f
For us, every artist and every day of the residence is important, from the arrival, through the project and the final exhibition. We give preponderance to art but also to the emotional aspect of the experience.
We propose 3 residency programs
ARTISTS with EXHIBITION
ARTISTS / CURATORS without EXHIBITION
* Recommended for artist-curators or artists who wish to develop research investigation projects or works in progress without the opportunity to exhibit.
*We are open to accepting writers from any genre who wish to develop fiction or non-fiction projects. Each bedroom at Residencia Corazon has a desk or writers can also choose to work in the communal studio.
– Accommodation in a private room
– A full house with studio 24 hrs. / 7 days
-Individual exhibition with a graphic piece (Program 1)
-Set-up of the exhibition
– Assistance in navigating La Plata and its surrounds
– Finding local resources
– Information about daily life as well as the local arts scene
– Assistance with research, production and post-production of work
Residency fees do not include:
– Airfares, transport, visas, airport pick-up or return (although we will organize this for you).
– General living costs such as food, health and travel insurance, materials, etc.