You are invited to join our Spanish wine estate oasis this winter. Winter times in Mas els Igols are mild and nice. With 300 sunny days a year the Mediterranean light crashes into our studios abundantly also during the colder months. Almost every year we can Barbecue during Christmas! Our family run residency is a highly personal and intimate place where you can be among international like-minded people in a beautiful estate not far from Barcelona city (60 km to the center).
The owners Arnout Krediet & Iris Tonies also create and work from the residency and organize parties and activities for the residents all year round.
Included in the residency fee:
● All regular services of our residency will be included in this open call + mild wine region winter climate!
● One month in a private room, including bedsheets & towels
● Access to a screen printing workshop & equipment
● +/- 20 m2 studio space surrounded by the vineyards of Barcelona in the Penedes
● Shared kitchen (max 10 people)
● The possibility to join classes in Metafora in Barcelona
● Join exhibitions in Barcelona
Duration of residency
Private room with private bathroom
Disciplines, work equipment and assistance
All disciplines are welcome, from design to writing, to all visual disciplines to curation.
Studio / Workspace
We offer 4 studios with approximately 40 m2 surface each. Each studio is shared by maximum two artists.
Fees and support
Smallest single rooms €675, largest double room €925, fee includes studio and use of all facilities
Expectations towards the artist
Mas els Igols is a shared living community where artists often collaborate in their artistic endeavors. An open attitude towards shared living is welcome.