Mas els Igols is an artist oasis created for independent artists that want to dedicate their time to produce art in a highly focused creative environment. The residency is situated in the vineyards of wine area ‘Pènedes’ some 60 km from Barcelona city centre. We collaborate with a gallery downtown Barcelona where you can get the opportunity to exhibit your work in one of the group shows. We also organize regular art parties and in house pop up shows at the estate where you can show your work.
You live and work in a 250 year old wine farm in rooms refurbished and decorated according to Spanish hotel regulations with items from the personal art & objects collection of owners Iris Tonies & Arnout Krediet. A large kitchen and outdoor spaces are shared with max. 8 other artists.
Included in the residency fee:
● All regular services of our residency will be included in this open call + mild wine region winter climate!
● A private room, including bedsheets & towels
● Access to a screen printing workshop & equipment
● +/- 20 m2 studio space surrounded by the vineyards of Barcelona in the Pènedes
● Shared kitchen, pizza oven, barbeque (max. 8 people)
● The possibility to join classes in Metafora in Barcelona
● Join exhibitions in Barcelona and in the estate
Application Deadline: October 22, 2019.