These interventions will consist of placing hydraulic mosaics and/or street furniture specifically designed for the bus stops belonging to Rosario’s Transport Secretariat (which has already authorized their intervention). For this project, two residents will be appointed. They will be in charge of the design of hydraulic mosaics and/or the necessary furniture for the site. They will participate in the first bus stop intervention. Besides, they will have to create two more designs for the remaining stops. This process will be documented step by step and the residents will be able to access the entire work process remotely.
Transversality – Urban interventions
This project centers on the joint work between residents and different local agents, which will provide the necessary tools in the different stages of the process.
Within the framework of Waiting for the Future program, residents will have the opportunity to receive an intensive training seminar -in charge of Anda Project- regarding the potential of hydraulic mosaic. There they will learn about the semi-industrial origin of this flooring process in Europe and their subsequent development in Latin America, as well as their contemporary designs in industrial and artisanal elaboration. They will share experiences, projects, and programs aimed at developing collective inventions with territorial impact. In the same seminar, they will build molds and will be able to elaborate pieces of pigmented cement manually.
- Parada Oeste Productive Center Workshop: professional training program.
- Mosaic workshop of Vicente Callaci: factory founded by Italians in 1900.
- Building Villa Hortensia will be visited for the singularity of its floors.
- Museum of the City, where cultural heritage related to hydraulic mosaic flooring in Rosario and the region is treasured.
Futuro Oeste Cooperative – hydraulic flooring and coating workshop
This cooperative is oriented towards public space transformation with hydraulic tiles. It originated as a result of Nueva Oportunidad social program, aimed at young people that belong to vulnerable population groups.
Workers in this cooperative will be in charge of manufacturing the hydraulic tiles designed by the residents, who will be able to participate in the manufacture if they wish.
11 de Octubre Foundation
This foundation coordinates a group of women trained in masonry. It tackles gender inequality by incorporating this women’s work into the program. Hence, they will install the flooring in the designated bus stops
Residency period: September and October 2019
- Visual artists
- Filmmakers, Activists
- Change Makers,
Creatives inspired by urban movements, and activists concerned with sustainable technologies that find public space as a means for deep thinking about environmental protection and ecology, as well as civic and cultural education, social problems and cultural policies. They must have an active role in the search for good practices and solutions for developing cities.
We will also receive action plans that link the mentioned topics with the different lines of work to be developed in our space.
Anda Proyect: [+]
Dossier about the hidraulic tiles – Spanish only [+]
Futuro Oeste Cooperative: [+]
Sector04 is located in the first-floor apartment inside a complex in Refinería, a neighborhood in the city of Rosario [see details]The apartment has a room in which there is a double bed and a living room where, in addition to the workspace and kitchen, there is a single sofa bed. The residence can hold up to two participants per edition.In the same complex, Gabelich Contemporáneo Art Gallery is located.
The stay Includes:
- Lodging for 30 days.
- Fully furnished apartment, with everything you need to reside without any setbacks (utensils, small appliances, and a refrigerator)
- Sheets and towels
- Prepaid phone chip
- Free wifi
- Public transport card (for public buses and public bicycles).
- A coordinator for personal assistance purposes.
Intensive training seminar
The above mentioned planned visits
- A process review carried out by important figures of the local and Buenos Aires artistic field
- Connections with local museums and universities
- Personal accident insurance during artists’ stay in the residence.
- Coffee, tea, and yerba mate for breakfast
The stay does not include
- International transport expenses (air, land and sea tickets) and visa costs, in case there is any
- Visa management, if required
- National interurban transport expenses
- Medical expenses (it is recommended to hire international insurance such as travel assist prior to the trip).
- Food and beverages
- Production budget