What could the future look like? One Off Makery is offering a supported residency for the creation of work that looks beyond the fog of climate upheaval to explore some possibilities worth sticking around for.
Troubling news is coming thick and fast, and anxiety and climate distress are on the rise among young people. For many, the imminent future looks apocalyptic and grim. In that anxious state it’s hard to plan for their own future, let alone for generations to come. Now is the time to be dreaming up and talking up possible futures that young people, and all of us, can be glad to walk towards. How can we all, in one way or another, contribute to the way forward?
One Off Makery is offering support for research driven or creative work at any stage of development. Whether your field is political, philosophical, scientific, written, visual, sonic, performative or participatory, we want to hear from you – as long as it’s forward-looking, and you can involve local young people through a showing, workshop, forum or event.
One applicant, company or group will be selected for a supported residency with the inclusion of:
- Free accommodation and studio access at Onelot, Pappinbarra NSW, for a period of 1-3 weeks between August and November 2020
- Meals and local transport provided
- Technical, logistical or construction assistance provided by One Off Makery
- Support to present a showing or workshop at any stage of development with a local school
- A $500 stipend for travel costs provided by Port Macquarie Hastings Council
- PMHC assistance if required to host a public talk, forum or event