About the Residency
The selected artists will have, at all times, a personal assistant -a specific coordinator for this program- who will provide them with all the necessary help for the correct development of the project.
The residency space, as well as the shared places with Gabelich Contemporáneo Art Gallery, will be available to the residents.
In accordance with the presented project, visits to local artists’ workshops and/or different cultural places or places belonging to social agents will be arranged if their interests are concerned with such themes.
Priority will be given to projects presented by artists who consider Sector04 project framework [see project]. However, this is by no means exclusive.
Once a week the artist/s will meet with curators, artists, managers, art galleries and managers from the city of Rosario and Buenos Aires to ponder the process carried out in the Residency.
Artists will also participate in two PAC editions held in the Gallery.
PAC Project is a training space for artists who seek to enrich, through dialogue with diverse agents and experts, their own practice in an annual program consisting on analysis, criticism and art production meetings. PAC proposes and encourages collaborative work in a network that focuses on the importance of interdisciplinary work. [Link to PAC page]
Open call for submissions from:
Visual artists, Curators, Researchers, Journalists, Filmmakers, Urban activists – Change Makers, Creatives, inspired by urban movements, and activists concerned with sustainable technologies that find public space as a means for deep thinking about environmental protection and ecology, as well as civic and cultural education, social problems and cultural policies. They must have an active role in the search for good practices and solutions for modern cities.
We will also receive action plans that link the mentioned topics with the different lines of work to be developed in our space.
Sector04 is located in the first-floor apartment inside a complex in Refinería, a neighborhood in the city of Rosario [see details]
The apartment has a room in which there is a double bed and a living room where, in addition to the workspace and kitchen, there is a single sofa bed. The residence can hold up to two participants per edition.
In the same complex, Gabelich Contemporáneo Art Gallery is located.
The stay Includes:
- Lodging for 30 days.
- Fully furnished apartment, with everything you need to reside without any setbacks (utensils, small appliances, and a refrigerator)
- Sheets and towels
- Prepaid phone chip
- Free wifi
- Public transport card (for public buses and public bicycles).
- A coordinator for personal assistance purposes.
- A process review carried out by important figures of the local and Buenos Aires artistic field
- Connections with local museums and universities
- Personal accident insurance during artists’ stay in the residence.
- Coffee, tea and yerba mate for breakfast
The stay does not include
- International transport expenses (air, land and sea tickets) and visa costs, in case there is any
- Visa management, if required
- National interurban transport expenses
- Medical expenses (it is recommended to hire an international insurance such as travel assist prior to the trip).
- Food and beverages
- Production budget