1+1 is a residency and exhibition project for international artists who wish to explore Athens’ rich cultural life and opportunities and present their work in a local art venue.
1+1 provides shared accommodation and working space in central Athens for two weeks and two (1+1) artists who wish to share experiences and take part in a duo show in Athens. The artists will present their work at the end of their 14-day residency period in a four-day curated exhibition in a downtown Athens art venue.
The 1+1 residency includes a customized introduction into ancient and contemporary Greek culture (two guided visits at Unesco sites, museums and art venues), individual networking advice, tips on Athens secret addresses, as well as curatorial assistance/advice for the realization of the exhibition.
• Accommodation in a studio apartment with two separate bedrooms / shared studio space
• A curated four-day exhibition in downtown Athens
• Assistance in / advice for the setup of the exhibition
• Two guided visits at Unesco sites, museums and art venues
• Individual networking advice
• Promotion, social media support, press release
• E-invitation + Website documentation
Residency duration and exhibition: 14 days (13 nights) – the residency period begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. The exhibition takes place within the last four days of the residency.
Residency dates for winter/spring 2020:
13 – 26 January
27 January – 9 February
17 February – 1 March
27 April – 12 May
4 – 17 May
18 – 31 May
25 May – 7 June
Please state your preferred date(s) in your application.