Kaaysá Residency is a 4-week* program for a group of up to 12 residents, among artists and writers, selected by a committee. A multidisciplinary team is invited to participate and some activities are scheduled, for each specialty according to the themes or demands of the group .At night, the group gathers for collaborative dinners and on exchange of experiences, references and impressions. Adequate space is provided for residentsThere is plenty of room for focus and on-site production, in addition to all inputs in the breeding network.
* Kaaysá Residency can also be offered in a shorter and more intensive immersion of 10 to 15 days or, on the other hand, for longer projects, up to 6 months.
- schedule selected activities
- creative process tracking
- use of kitchen, laundry, pool and common areas
- free internet access
- use of the collective or individual studio, carpentry, ceramic kiln and audio studio.
Does not include
- ticket and transfer
- health insurance
- workshops with local school students
- improvements in the urban landscape of the village
- interaction and workshop with indigenous people from Aldeia do Rio Silveira
Activities included in the 4-week and longer programs
- boat expedition to Gatos Island
- trail to the waterfalls of Itú River
- fishing experience with local fishermen
- visit to the historical center of São Sebastião
- expeditions in the atlantic rain forest with ecologist
- visit to the Guaraní Indian community, conversation and ritual
- trail to Brava beach
- conversation with local caiçaras women
- dialogues and exchange of references between residents
- open atelier for collectors and invited curators
- exhibition of works for the local public
Duration of residency
Disciplines, work equipment and assistance
MULTI-DISCIPLINAR RESIDENCY : VISUAL ARTISTS, WRITERS, DANCERS, MUSICIANS, PHOTOGRAPHERS ETC.
Studio / Workspace
INDIVIDUAL OR COLLECTIVE STUDIO
Fees and support
US 1500 FOR 4 WEEKS
Expectations towards the artist