Lademoen Kunstnerverksteder (LKV) would like to invite artists of all disciplines to apply to our interdisciplinary residency program!
This is a newly started part of LKVs residency program and will focus on interdisciplinary projects. We are open for applications from artists that already work with interdisciplinary projects or would like to experiment with interdisciplinary projects. There are two studio apartments available for this program.
Application deadline is March the 1st 2020. You will find more information on our collaborative partners and how to apply on our website: www.lkv.no
All guest artists may also apply to have an exhibition at Babel. The gallery is located 200 m away from LKV and is approximately 100 sq m. It is also possible to arrange smaller events in collaboration with Lena Katrine Sokki, the project manager at Babel.
Since 1996, LKV has received approximately 200 artists from 35 different countries working in our residency. See the complete list of artists at our website.
Please state in the application:
- What kind of facilities you will need?
- How many people you are, and if you need one or two apartments
- Do you have any collaborative partners in Trondheim?
- If you aim to experiment with interdisciplinary projects, would you like us to set you in contact with anyone?
List of possible facilities
- Stillverk1, music practice room including a drumkit, possibility for concerts (28 people)
- DansIt, dance studio, has to be cleared every evening Mon-Fri (because of evening classes)
- Rosendal Theatre,
- Rosendal café, if you want to write outside of the apartment
List of collaborators
- Rosendal Teater
- Norsk forfattersentrum Midt-Norge
- Midtnorsk Film
Please send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions or would like more information on the facilities/collaborators.
Duration of residency
<p><p>2 weeks to 3 months</p></p>
<p><p>Private studio apartment with queen size bed.</p></p>
Disciplines, work equipment and assistance
<p><p>Visual Art, Sculpture, Dance, Theatre, Printmaking, Performing Arts, Textile Art, Music, Literature, New Media, Photography, Film, Science, History etc. Workshops include wood, metal, graphic, litography, silk screen and dark room. You must be familiar with the workshops, and bring your own chemicals to use them, we offer a short introduction in the wood workshop.</p></p>
Studio / Workspace
<p><p>Collaborators can provide practice room for musicians, dance studio and theatre stage, please state in the application what you need. Practice room for musicians carry a rent of 390$/month, dance studio has to be cleared for afternoon classes Mon-Fri. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions regarding workspace.</p></p>
Fees and support
<p><p>No fee and no support. Please see the list on our website for suggestions on where to apply for funding.</p></p>
Expectations towards the artist
<p><p>Short artist talk for the tenants.</p></p>
The application must consist of a project proposal for the residency period, artist statement, updated cv and documentation of current work. We only accept digital applications that are put together in one pdf file.
The application must contain the following information:
– Name, address, date of birth and nationality
– Artist statement (maximum 1000 characters)
– For how long you would like to stay, and when you would like to come. Please provide three alternatives, arranged as your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice.
– Documentation of your work: Images, text pdfs, and if applicable provide us with links to video and/or sound.
– Project description, containing plans for your work in Trondheim and possible collaborations.
If you are applying for an exhibition or event at Babel Art Space the project description should include plans for this as well.
Applications must be submitted digitally and as a single pdf-file.