Produktionszentrum Tanz + Performance is collaborating with Akademie Schloss Solitude to award a residency fellowship to contemporary dancers and performers for the first time, this in the context of TANZPAKT Stuttgart, an initiative of the Cultural Office of the State Capital of Stuttgart. By inviting artists from all over the world to apply, the participating institutions seek to improve networking and collaboration in Stuttgart’s freelance dance scene, and to facilitate work on choreographic practice. Creating space for inquiry, research and artistic production is a further goal. Willingness to present one’s own work and interact with the Free Dance Scene in Stuttgart are prerequisites.
Two fellowships are being awarded. One from February – July 2020, and the other from July – December 2020.
The residency artist will benefit from the following:
- optional use of a rehearsal hall
- the option to lead the weekly professional training session at the Produktionszentrum Tanz + Performance, or to participate in this and other workshops
- a free, furnished studio apartment for living and working purposes, including electricity, water and heating at Akademie Schloss Solitude
- a monthly fellowship grant of Euro 1,200
- a travel allowance of up to Euro 700
- creative resources worth up to Euro 3,500
At the end of each residency stay, the creative results will be presented in a format chosen by the fellowship holder. The festival »Die irritierte Stadt« (20–26 July, 2020) and the »SEEDS Dance Laboratory« (September 2020) are due to take place in the aforementioned residency periods.
The choice of artists will be made by the Produktionszentrum Tanz + Performance and Akademie Schloss Solitude, with the assistance of two independent jury members.
Please send your application with letter of motivation, CV with key artistic data, portfolio with work samples and/or video links and possible project proposal in PDF format (max. 20 MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: November 22, 2019