SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg invites applicants for its 2020/2021 residency program. The residencies are designed for visual artists, curators and writers whose work and life demands both a rigorous engagement as well as an urgency to propel progress in their practice. The SEA Foundation’s individual shaped residency program is limited to 8 participants per year. Duration up to 3 months.
We believe that contemporary art practise requires both flexibility as well as stability, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment. We seek candidates who envision a solid plan for development and production and who are willing to participate with the rhythm, which propels our artist-led organisation.
- Professional artists, curators and art writers
- Regardless of gender or region
- Established, mid-career or emerging practice
- Minimum age: 25 at the start of the residency
- Duo’s/collectives may apply as well
- Residents may be accompanied by a partner
- We expect you to master the English language sufficiently to be able to converse and collaborate with fellow participants and staff.
The residency aims
- To support the production of art and the theory of art.
- To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context.
- To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art.
- To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network.
Fully funded residency awards
Two applicants of the Open Call will receive the award of a fully-funded residency. This award includes free use of the live/work studio and a stipend of € 550 euro per month when in residence. In addition, SEA foundation covers the costs of a public event, exhibition or the production of an artist’s book.
How to apply
- Applying is done digitally and in English via the online application form.
- The application should contain the completed application and documentation.
- For duos/collectives: only one of you needs to fill out the form.
Deadline 15.11.2019 at Noon 12:00 CEST
- Completed application form.
- Samples work from the past 5 years.
- All mages in the portfolio should have captions providing information on size. materials and year of production.
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages).
- Include a selfie at work.
- Proof of payment of the €35,- application fee.
- Use www.WeTransfer.com and address to email@example.com.
- Send in One .pdf
- Max 25 pages and max. 15mb.
- For collating PDF’s use www.smallpdf.com.
- Applications are viewed on a horizontal screen.
- Maximum of 2 images per page are advised.
- Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the admission’s board
Disciplines, work equipment and assistance
Visual art, fibre art, drawing & painting, sculpture, media art, design, curating, art critique, art theory, artistic research, architecture, sound artists, performance artists
Studio / Workspace
The live and work studio’s measure up to 100m2 and they each come with private a bathroom. The studios have fantastic daylight conditions, a terrace or a south-facing balcony. There are high-speed WIFI and comfortable seating, a desk, and a round bed for
Fees and support
Two applicants of the Open Call will receive the award of a fully-funded residency.
Expectations towards the artist
The residencies are designed for visual artists, curators and writers whose work and life demands both a rigorous engagement as well as an urgency to propel progress in their practice.
Applying is done digitally and in English via the online application form and all required documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org