Westben Centre for Connection and Creativity through Music offers musician residency programs in a beautiful rural setting in Campbellford, Ontario, Canada. Venues include a The Westben rustic timbre-framed barn theatre and studios at the Clock Tower Cultural Centre.
In 2018, Westben introduced:
1. The new Performer-Composer Residency: 11 Canadian and International performer-composers gathered over 6 days for an uniquely fertile convergence of creative energy. Each led a lecture-demonstration, engaged with the community in public workshops, and performed at the Westben Summer Music festival. more information here: https://www.westben.ca/performercomposer-residency/
2. New Opera Development Residency: Tapestry Opera and Ontario College of Art and Design University worked in residence on a 2-day workshop of a new opera on technology.
3. Michael Warren Vocal Intensive: 30 participants worked for 3 days in public and private sessions with visiting vocal expert Michael Warren.
4. Youth music residencies
The Westben Centre for Connection & Creativity is a year-round not-for-profit, charitable arts organization that brings people together through music. Westben seeks to be an international cultural hub which nurtures the joy of connecting through music-making, as well as the inflow and outflow of the creativity.
- Other Non-Profit Charitable Music Organization
- Weeks: 1
- Shared studio / workplace
- Exhibition space
- Dance/Theatre/Performance Space
- Production costs