Kinitiras is the first Residency Centre for performing arts in the city of Athens and it is located in the historical area of Acropolis. Offering small scale residencies for artists and theorists from all over the world, we encourage research, development and presentation of works in progress.
We have created an inspiring environment to promote multicultural understanding that allows innovation and creativity to flourish. Kinitiras also holds lectures and workshops given by an international group of artists and theorists aiming to bring the community closer to the performing arts.
Kinitiras is an internationally recognised artistic network, connecting professionals and amateurs through the performing arts.
It was founded in 1995-96 as a dance-theatre group, called Kinitiras Dance spectacle.
Some of Kinitiras’ main actions include:
- emphasis on diversity. Working with people from different racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, geographic,academic and professional backgrounds participation in European programs and festivals in Greece and abroad
- alternative approaches in education through the performing arts research and intercultural collaborations through the establishment of Kinitiras Studio (the first Residency Centre for performing arts in Greece)
- encouraging sustainability and growth during challenging sociopolitical times
- social inclusion actions
Kinitiras has created the project EK PLIXI which brought the art of dance into schools, especially in primary education.
Since 2010 Kinitiras has established the “In Progress-Feedback Festival”.
The first festival in Greece that focuses on the creative process and the relationship between the creator and his/her audience instead of being a product oriented process. Through IPFF many young artists have emerged and influenced the cultural scene in Greece.
For more information you may visit www.kinitiras.com and www.youtube.com/user/kinitiras.
- Independent Association/Foundation
- Weeks: 1
- Visual Art
- Performing Arts
- Fabric and textiles
- Dance/Theatre/Performance Space
- Production costs
- No requirements