Intercambiador ACART is a cultural association based in Madrid which oganizes an international Artist-In-Residence program and exchanges between Spanish and foreign artists. Including open studio presentations, interviews, lectures and exhibitions. This bilateral residence program focuses on the active practice of the artists. The association was founded and is coordinated by an artist-collective, with the goal to increase the resources for artistic practice and to establish international relations with other artists and associations.
Intercambiador ACART offers to each guest-artist:
– workspace in the shared association atelier
– a room in a shared artist-house
– a working period between 2 or 4 months
The artist will participate in the following activities:
– the meeting in the studio Encuentro Intercambiador in Madrid
– an artist-talk in the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University URJC
– an exhibition in Quinta del Sordo or similar exhibition space in Madrid
– an interview for the TAP Magazine
– an agenda visits to independent cultural agents, local artist, local studios and exhibition spaces
In this moment our AIR program it brings cost for the artist who enjoy the program.
The 50% of the complete expenses, which are 500&euro
Intercambiador ACART is based in a nice studio at Carabanchel. Madrid City.
Where artists in residence and local artist share space, ideas and time.
The artists in residence are living in a cool apartament in Madrid Rio. Madrid City.
The team from Intercambiador: Marta Goro y Juan Garcëa as co-directors of the AIR program, and the collaborators: Ro Trejo, Beatriz Pell_Ñ_s and Irene Izquierdo runs this cultural association based in Madrid.
- Independent Association/Foundation
- Months: 1 – 3
- Visual Art
- Performing Arts
- Woodworking tools
- Production costs