ZAWP Bilbao opens residency for projects of investigation and production
To encourage experimentation, production and investigation in different areas of creation and to contribute to the promotion of the creators and an international movement of culture professionals. In addition, the objective is to foment and drive projects based in the area that could enrich and add value to it through a flexible, multidisciplinary workspace. Lastly, the objective is to support and stimulate the economy.
TYPES OF RESEDENCIES
1. Self-financed Residencies (A1)
2. Residency grants for investigation and production: B1, B2
The summon is directed towards collectives, consultants, cultural producers and invigorators, associations, researchers, artists, social scientists, architects, teachers… individual creators or collective creators whose objective is the production and investigation of what could be a small step in cultural, artistic, and social knowledge. Applicants can apply individually or collectively, in which case a representative must be appointed.
HOUSING LOCATION / STUDIO
Place: ZAWP Project, in Bilbao, specifically in the neighborhood of Ribera de Deusto, composed of different industrial spaces recovered for creative and productive use.
The residence develops from ZAWPLab, a space formed by various think-cubes to offer temporary housing and spaces for intensive work:
– Individual resting module
– Shared bathrooms
– Washer and dryer
Depending on the discipline and the needs of the project in the residency it is possible to use the different spaces of ZAWP.
– ZAWP magazine
– ZAWP tv
– ZAWP records
– Personal space on ZAWP website for each creator
– Multifunction photocopier
– Access to recycled materials in 3Rcycle ZAWP
– Access to postproduction audiovisual station
– Audio recording with discount (including equipment and tech team)
– Visual, light, and sound equipment at 50% discount or free depending on if the project
completes voluntary work within the Association.
– Access to activities of the organization
– To those creators that come from the networks in which ZAWP is involved (Red de Experiencias
Creativas de Euskadi Karraskan, Red Transib_Ñ_rica de Espacios Independientes, Trans Europe Halles)
OTHER ASSISTANCE FROM THE ORAGANIZATION
– The organization will give communication support to the creator
– Interview via video recording
– Accompaniment in the labor of diffusion or distribution, in the case that there is any, through all
networks that ZAWP is part of: Red Transib_Ñ_rica de Espacios Culturales Independientes y Transeurope Halles
SUPPORT GIVEN TO THE CREATORS (generic, common to all residencies)
– Meals and medical insurance if necessary
– Face-to-face interaction with the creators of the project
– Public presentation of the work in progress or finished work during the ZAWP Zona Franca
– At least one appearance in ZAWP magazine, on ZAWP records or ZAWP tv
– A dynamic personal space on ZAWP website
Open application. Application following model and dossier
- Part of an Institution