A 1 to 3 month residency program that focuses on creative practice development for artists working across all disciplines, the FUSION AIR program offers space for experimentation and dialogue with peers and arts professionals.
The FUSION AIR international residency program offers professional artists the opportunity to develop their own research without any “pre-organised” pressure. We are not going to ask you to submit any special “project” as our board of curators is undoubtedly capable of evaluating an artist?s practice by reviewing his/her specific path through his/her own website. An artist?s residency is, first of all, a place to learn, absorb, and experience. Our goal is to provide artists “A Room Of Their Own” abroad, a relevant place without any kind of performance anxiety. At the end of your stay, each artist will be free to decide whether to produce a show, a presentation, or a documentation. We are excited about the work-in-progress evolution of our artists? work. From the very moment the artist is selected, we will give him/her all our support and trust!
Emerging and professional visual artists, performing artists, writers and musicians working in all media and genres are eligible to apply.
SESSIONs OF 1 TO 3 MONTHs (Please indicate your preferred dates and length of stay considering that each session begins on the 1st of each month):
ongoing and open calls
Artists will be provided with:
– a furnished two-bedroom / two-bathroom apartment (150 square meters) within the gallery space and nearby the Turin city center. Artists work in a shared studio in the project room’s gallery space;
– Internet access, electricity and a fully-furnished kitchen;
– public transportation tickets;
– a free “Torino & Piemonte” museum pass, free entry (in November) to Artissima;
– 200 € of artist’s supplies;
– production of a limited edition Artist’s Edition by our partner Edizioni Inaudite;
– production of an exhibition/installation/presentation/talk at the end of the residency;
– an vivacious international network of art spaces, artists, curators, and professionals creating connections;
– some open studio events are arranged at the end of each session. Additionally, residents are encouraged to share their work at an informal gathering;
– all group activities are always optional;
– a small staff is available for housing, coordination of arrivals and departures, translation, and studio needs. The Fusion Art Gallery Director will be often on site.
– There are NO medium- or technique-specific facilities like a woodshop or media lab, but through our network of professionals, we will do our best to fulfill your needs.
– The residency fees don’t cover travelling costs and food.
– Artists are responsible for their own visas.
GRANTs: Publication of an Artist’s Book by Edizioni Inaudite.
Although we cannot provide additional grants, we will be glad to assist independent artists in the process of requesting funding in their country by providing them with a formal letter of acceptance to the program.
NUMBER OF ARTISTs AT ONE TIME: 2
COMPANIONs: A partner, friend, kid is temporarely permitted with NO additional costs. Anyway we will discuss about it on a case by case basis. Guests must be registered in advance and are subject to space availability.
INSURANCE:You must have international medical insurance. We do not accept legal responsibility.
NON DISCRIMINATION POLICY :INAUDITA’s AIR welcomes artists of all genders, ethnic groups, political and sexual orientations in its gallery, studios, and apartments.
The residency is Fee based. Submissions are done entirely online. Please go to the Fusion Air Gallery page A.I.R and read carefully the Application Guidelines
Fusion Art Gallery / INAUDITA is a not-for-profit organisation and an independent gallery. Fusion was founded in 2003 and Association Inaudita manages Fusion’s spaces from September 2015 and focused on creation, presentation, and documentation of contemporary art in all its forms. Part of our program consists of international artist residencies aimed at promoting intercultural dialogue and artist mobility. We are based in Turin, Italy, near the city center.
- Independent Association/Foundation
- Part of a Gallery/Museum
- Months: 1 – 3
- Visual Art
- Performing Arts
- Textile Art
- New Media
- Education Programmes
- Private accommodation
- Private studio / workplace
- Shared studio / workplace
- Space for partners, families, pets
- Exhibition space
- Library/research resources
- Technical assistance
- Promotional services
- Production costs
- Open Studios