Casa Tagumerche is a creative residency designed to support dedicated artists and writers seeking a private space in an spectacular environment to generate new ideas, complete projects, or make artistic connections.
Located in La Gomera’s fantastic landscape between mountains and the Atlantic ocean we provide a house, a separate guest house and a painter’s studio, surrounded by a large garden. With our untreated water, many fruits from the garden and the photovoltaic system we try to keep our ecological footprint on the island as small as possible
Our mission and values:
– to create an environment and offer the facilities for creative work, integrated with the natural surroundings and community, a place to experience new perspectives.
– to promote international collaboration and networking, to bring together people from all countries.
– to provide and and improve a place where representatives of all disciplines and cultures can leave their usual comfort zone and meet each other as a source of mutual inspiration.
– to embrace and emphasize the experimental, the unsure, the insecure, the undefined and unexpected states of creativity.
We do not insist on a final exhibition at the end of ones stay, but we would like that participants present a small talk about their work and practice.
We are connected to La Gomera’s wide artists community, so we are happy to introduce participants to local artists and support them for organizing an exhibition.
Participants are also invited and encouraged to leave images or a video presentation or testimonials on Casa Tagumerche’s website or a link to their own website.
- Independent Association/Foundation
- Weeks: 2
- Weeks: 3
- Months: 1
- Months: 3
- Months: 1 – 3
- Visual Art
- Public talk
- Donation of artwork