Our Artist-in-Residence program is the largest and most diverse in Australia. Since 1997 we have hosted thousands of artists from all disciplines and from all over the world (over 34 countries), and each year we host an average of 350 artists.
Bundanon is now an engine room for contemporary art practice in Australia – a place with outstanding facilities, dedicated to the making of contemporary work across all disciplines – music, dance, theatre, writing and the visual arts. We are open to both Australian and international artists, either singly or in groups, and we support new work, research and collaborations.
What sets us apart are:
– The physical environment: both of our properties are replete with both natural and architectural beauty
– We are remote enough to guarantee tranquillity and the sense of another world, yet only 25 minutes from the nearest train station, and three hours’ drive from Sydney
– Our capacity to house groups (up to 10 at Bundanon and 38 at Riversdale)
– The quality of our hosting – artists are at the centre of what we do, and we do everything we can to make them feel the place is theirs.
– We have the resources to welcome artists from all disciplines: we have studios for visual artists, spaces for writers, rehearsal rooms for performers, a music studio with a baby grand piano for musicians and composers, as well as a printing press and silversmiths studio.
Bundanon Trust is a unique organisation, a gift to the Australian people by the renowned Australian artist Arthur Boyd. Bundanon is located on 1,100 hectares of bush, farm and park land 180 kilometres south of Sydney.
- Independent Association/Foundation
- Weeks: 1
- Visual Art
- Performing Arts
- Textile Art
- Dance/Theatre/Performance Space