Elsewhere Studios are seeking a part-time Development Director to help advance organization´s mission
Job Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Based in Paonia, Colorado
Elsewhere Studios is seeking a part-time Development Director to oversee grant writing, donor development and an upcoming capital campaign for the purchase of the Elsewhere building. The Director of Development will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing Elsewhere’s fundraising priorities including ongoing program needs, the building purchase and long-term sustainability. Specific responsibilities include the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donor prospects. Additionally, the Director will research, prepare, and implement grants, as well as develop and execute fundraising strategies. The Director of Development will work directly with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, staff, community members, and prospective donors.
- Work with Board and Executive Director on plan for fundraising, donor and sponsor development
- Work with Board and ED to create and implement capital campaign for purchase of Elsewhere Building
- Raise funds through donor development, investors, crowdfunding, loans, grants etc. for building purchase
- Expand Elsewhere’s private donor network; strengthen relationships with existing supporters as well as cultivate new donors and large donors
- Assist in creating systems to track donors and fundraising progress
- Work with Board and ED to prepare schedule of grant applications and reports due
- Research grants that align with Elsewhere’s mission
- Prepare reports for granting organizations
- Effectively communicate the vision and goals of Elsewhere Studios
- Ability to work in Paonia part time, with flexibility of working remotely
Desired Qualities and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-2 years fundraising experience required
- Capital campaign experience preferred
- Passion for the arts and enthusiasm about our program
- Experience with nonprofit/rural organizations required
- Ability to develop and initiate new strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
Elsewhere Studios is a unique artist residency program in the town of Paonia, CO (pop. 1,500). Since its inception in 2011, the Residency Program remains near 100% occupancy, hosting artists in residence from one to six months at a time. The program has provided residencies to over 200 visual artists, writers, composers and performance artists from 14 countries and 30 states over the last eight years. The artists bring contemporary art to our small community, and engagement through multiple monthly events (ie: Meet and Greets, Open Studios, Exhibitions, Readings, Performances, Demonstrations). Classes and workshops are occasionally offered as well. The Residency program ultimately provides time and space for artists to grow their work, take risks, and experiment with new ideas and techniques.
Elsewhere Studios has a notable presence in Paonia. The building itself is a work of art and a landmark to the unique town. The Elsewhere building and the Art Wall, constructed along its alley, attract tourists year-round. In addition to the residency program, Elsewhere oversees a community garden in Paonia, and operates a media internship with local high school students. Our programs and active community engagement positively impact the region and bring vibrancy to the Paonia Creative District.
Position open until filled.
Application can be found here: