Res Artis Mission & Objectives
The current mission of Res Artis is to:
- Provide a forum to support and represent the interests of residential arts centres and programs internationally
- Contribute to the creation of an international network of residential arts centres and programs that provide artists with facilities and conditions conducive to creative work and that actively involve artists from more than one country
- Foster residential arts centres and programs that show a genuine will to sustain or improve the quality of artistic endeavours in any culture.
Res Artis’ objectives are:
- To encourage an understanding of the work of residential arts centres and their catalytic role in the development of art and ideas in the contemporary world
- To collect and provide information on residential arts centres and programs
- To represent the interest of members and artists to governmental and non-governmental agencies, international organisations, foundations, and to the corporate sector
- To provide members with a network of peers and a centralised referral system from whom they may access expertise and advice in response to their evolving needs
- To encourage and assist in the development of new residential arts centres, particularly in regions where there are no such resources or where such resources are scarce
- To hold Biennial General Meetings at which issues of interest to its members are addressed.